- Contest Period
The “Global Health Student Photo Contest” (the “Contest”) is run by York University (the “Administrator”) and will take place from (8:00 AM, January 7, 2020) (ET) to (4:00 PM, April 1, 2020) (ET) (the “Contest Period”).
- Contest Eligibility
These are the official rules and regulations (the "Rules") applicable to persons who enter the Contest (the "Entrants"). The contest is open only to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside at the time of entry and are:
Current students in the Global Health program at York University who are completing a practicum as part of HH/IHST 4300 9.00 (Integrated Global Health Practicum)
By entering the Contest, you accept these Rules and agree to be bound by them and the interpretation of these Rules by the Administrator.
You are not eligible to enter if you are:
- A member of the Competition Judges (defined below) who will evaluate all eligible submissions.
- How to Enter
No purchase is necessary to enter
All communication related to the Submission will be directed to the entrant
To enter, entrants must:
- Submit a photo of them on location in their practicum to Global Health Student Photo Contest website
- Photo specifications: jpeg format, resolution 300DPI and no bigger than 8MB
- The Submission must contain the student's name & email address
- Submission must be received no later than April 1, 2020 at 4pm
- By submitting the photo, the participants authorize York University and/or their delegates to use these images. They may use this material in any format, with intentional or unintentional alterations, and use for the purpose of illustration, publicity, advertising, promotion, recruitment, and/or publication of any product or service for the university for any period of time. The photo submissions must not:
- Contain any obscene or defamatory statements, including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a particular race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age (as determined by the competition Judges in their sole discretion);
- Infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, or violate applicable laws, or regulations;
- Have been entered in or won any previous contest or award and has not been published earlier in any medium
- Participation in the contest is strictly voluntarily.
By making the Photo Submissions, the Entrant represents and warrants that it is the owner of the Submission and grants the Administrator an unlimited, worldwide perpetual, royalty-free license and right to publish, use, it in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration. The Entrant also agrees to release, indemnify, defend, and hold the Administrator harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, and damages, related to the Submission, or usage of the Submission by the Administrator in any manner; and waives any moral rights the Entrant may have in the Submission.
York University is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, misdirected, stolen, delayed, damaged or destroyed entries, or for any unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions, on-line failures, hardware, software or other technical functions or disturbances or any other communications failures or circumstances affecting, disrupting or corrupting the contest in any manner.
Decisions of the Administrator are final in all Contest matters. The Administrator reserves the right to not declare a winner or reject any Submission which it determines, in its sole discretion, does not comply with the contest rules.
- Awarding of the Prize
A review of entries will be completed by a committee of Judges comprised of York faculty, staff and a student (“the Competition Judges”). The winners will be announced during your final class in April. To be declared the winner, the selected Entrant must:
- Meet Contest eligibility criteria and otherwise comply with Contest Rules; and
- Answer correctly a mathematical skill testing question administered by email or phone.
If the selected Entrant does not comply with the Official Contest Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative eligible entry will be considered. The information submitted in the Online Submission Form will be used for the purpose of contacting the winner. Please ensure that contact information is accurate.
The odds of winning depend on the number of valid submissions received.
In order to be declared a winner, the selected potential winner will be required to comply with these Official Contest Rules and must meet eligibility requirements.
There are three prizes (3) that consist of:
- 1st prize: $100 gift card for the York University bookstore
- 2nd prize: $50 gift card for the York University bookstore
- All other students who submit at least one photo will receive a $10 gift card for Starbucks
- Conditions of Participation by participating in this contest, you agree:
- To be bound by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the Administrator, whose decisions are final;
- To the use of your name, likeness, voice, image, recording, video footage and statements in connection with
- This contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof;
- You give York University and its agents the right to publish or broadcast your name, likeness, voice, image, recording, video footage or statements for editorial, promotional, advertising and publicity purposes, without
- Compensation other than the value of the prize offered;
- To release and indemnify and hold harmless York University, its advertising and promotional agencies, and
- All their respective officers, directors, employees, owners, agents, contractors,
representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with or arising out of this contest, the awarding of the prize or the use of any personal information.
York University reserves the right, without prior notice, and at any time, to terminate the contest, in whole or in part or modify, suspend or extend the contest in any way.
- General Provisions
In the event that York University is prevented from continuing with the contest by an event beyond its control, York University has the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the contest. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Contest Rules does not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. This contest and these Official Contest Rules are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
- Privacy Notice
Personal information in connection with the contest is collected under the authority of The York University Act, 1965 and will be used for the administration of the contest and related purposes. If you have any questions about the collection of personal information by York University, please contact: Information and Privacy Coordinator, York University, 1050 Kaneff Tower, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, ON M3J 1P3, tel.416-736-2100 Ext. 20359